The Futurities will be held in conjunction with the RQHBA Sale.
Don Brunner Memorial Yearling Halter Futurity:
Weanlings sold through the prior year RQHBA sale are eligible to show in the Don Brunner Memorial Yearling Halter Futurity, held during the RQHBA Showcase and Sale. Purse is divided per studs, geldings and fillies.
- To be eligible, the foal must have sold through the prior year RQHBA Sale: eligibility will follow the horse.
- Held in conjunction with the RQHBA Ranch Horse Futurity.
- Check in at 7 a.m. Futurity at 7:30 a.m.
- Winnings will be awarded to the registered owner at the time of the futurity.
- Original papers are to be presented for show registration to verify ownership.
- Showing expenses are the owner’s responsibility. Entry Fee of $50. (entry fees, stall, etc.).
- We will be paying three places: 1st pays 60%, 2nd pays 30%, and 3rd pays 10% of the futurity yearling money in all three classes: stallion, gelding, and filly.
- RQHBA members/weanling consignors are not eligible to compete for the futurity funds.
Ranch Horse Futurity:
Any horse purchased through the RQHBA sale that turned 2 or 3 years old in the current year can compete for cash in the RQHBA Ranch Horse Futurity. In addition to Futurity Dollars, all entry fees are added to each age pot! Winners in each age division receive a buckle sponsored by Tri-State Livestock News.
- Any horse purchased from a member through the RQHBA sale that turned 2 or 3 years old in 2022 can compete in their age division.
- Entry fees are due August 1st. No late entries will be accepted.
- Horses are judged on: Gate (horseback), Bridge (walk over), Logs (trot through), Log (drag figure 8), Reining Pattern (posted morning of Futurity), Dismount (on the right side and pick up right rear leg), Exit Arena.
- In the event of a tie, the horse with the highest reining score will win.
- Participants will have three attempts at each obstacle before passing. Participants have the option of skipping an obstacle they feel will not do their pattern justice.
- We will be paying three places: 1st pays 60%, 2nd pays 30%, and 3rd pays 10% of the futurity money in each age division.
- RQHBA members are not eligible to compete for the futurity funds.