Application Deadline: June 15, 2023, 12:00 noon, MST
For questions or more information, please contact Deb Mailloux, 605.347.1294.
Thank you for marketing your horse through RQHBA.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully before proceeding to the Consignment Form.
- By submitting the Consignment Form you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Application is not complete until payment in full has been received by RQHBA.
- You may pay online or mail-in your payment.
- Submit your mailed-in payment made out to: Bobbi Huxtable, 18481 Grapevine Rd, Red Owl, SD 57787.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
- All horses must pass Vet and Committee Inspection on Sale Day. Any horse not passing inspection will not sell and there will be no refund of catalog fee.
- RQHBA reserves the right to turn away any horse consigned that is in poor condition or health.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into the sale. All applications will be screened by RQHBA. In the event a horse does not pass the application screening, a refund of catalog fee will be issued.
- All horses must be accompanied with a current Coggins. Coggins testing is NOT available on sale day.
- All horses MUST arrive at sale with all applicable paperwork (brand and health). If in doubt, PLEASE contact your local state or South Dakota State brand inspector. Any horse arriving at the sale without current Health, Coggins and Brand Inspection will be refused with no refund of catalog fee.
- Registered horses must be accompanied on day of sale with original registration papers and a signed transfer before any proceeds will be released. Checks will be issued to the owner of record on the papers.
- All Invitational horses must be owned for one year by the consignor.
- Fees. A non-refundable Consignment fee of $200 if paid by May 1st, $250 after May 1st per horse is due on June 15, 2022. Sales Commision fee of 9%, based on the final selling price along with applicable sale fees. In the event of a no sale, the no sale fee will be 5% of the last bid and must be paid before registration and paperwork will be returned.
- No ‘back-alley’ selling is allowed; if you sell horse on sale grounds after a ‘no-sale’ in ring, transaction must pass through sale.
- Auctioneer’s say in ring is final.