Dear RQHBA Horse Purchaser,
The Ranchers Quarter Horse Breeders Association would like to thank you for your purchase of a foal. Any foal purchased through the RQHBA Sale is eligible to compete in the
Don Brunner Memorial Yearling Futurity.
Don Brunner Memorial Yearling Futurity Information:
- To be eligible, the foal must have sold through the 2017 RQHBA Sale: eligibility will follow the horse.
- Yearling must show to two judges. In the event of a tie, one judge will be chosen prior to the show as the tie breaker.
- Held in conjunction with the Central States Fair, August 2018.
- Winnings will be awarded to the registered owner at the time of the futurity.
- Original papers are to be presented for show registration to verify ownership.
- AQHA membership is required.
- Showing expenses are the owner's responsibility (entry fees, stall, etc.).
- We will be paying three places: 1st pays 60%, 2nd pays 30%, and 3rd pays 10% of the futurity yearling money in all three classes: stallion, gelding, and filly.
- RQHBA members/weanling consignors are not eligible to compete for the futurity funds.
RQHBA Ranch Horse Futurity Information:
- Any horse purchased from a member through the RQHBA sale that turned 2 or 3 years old in 2018 can compete in their age division.
- Entry fees are due August 1. Late entries will be accepted for an additional fee.
- Horses are judged on: Gate (horseback), Bridge (walk over), Logs (trot through), Log (drag figure 8), Reining Pattern (posted morning of Futurity), Dismount (on the right side and pick up right rear leg), Exit Arena.
- In the event of a tie, the horse with the highest reining score will win.
- Participants will have three attempts at each obstacle before passing. Participants have the option of skipping an obstacle they feel will not do their pattern justice.
- We will be paying three places: 1st pays 60%, 2nd pays 30%, and 3rd pays 10% of the futurity money in each age division.
- RQHBA members are not eligible to compete for the futurity funds.
If you have any questions feel free to contact any RQHBA member or Brad Wood at 307-467-5401 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of the RQHBA sale. We look forward to seeing you Sunday, August 26, 2018 for the RQHBA Ranch Horse Futurity and the Annual RQHBA Sale.
THE 2017 RQHBA Futurities Were Sponsored by: